Want to learn more about how your Association operates and have a chance to get to know some fellow members? Join us for Equity’s National Annual General Meeting on Monday, February 25. Please bring your up-to-date membership card to show at the door.
[**YWCA is NE of University Ave + Dundas St W @ St. Patrick Stn. Please note that YWCA is a scent-free environment and fully accessible. ASL interpretation services will be provided ]
- Council President and Executive Director Reports
- Receipt of the audited financial statements and appointment of the auditor for the coming year
- Council Committee Reports
- Member resolutions* (if any)
The business portion of the evening (which begins at 6:00 p.m.) will be live streamed (instructions to follow) for members who are unable to attend in person. Members viewing the live stream will not have remote voting privileges.
In order to take part the event, you will need to:
- Login to Equity's National Annual General Meeting https://www.facebook.com/events/329522424356366/ Facebook Event 10 minutes before the meeting starts
- Make sure your audio and video settings are on
- Click on the red “LIVE” icon that should appear on the left-hand side of the page
- Watch, listen and send in comments/question as they arise. We will try and address questions throughout the meeting.
In the second half of the evening, there will be an interactive session where you can learn intervention skills to de-escalate potentially harmful situations in the workplace. Douglas Stewart (Human Resource and Equity Consultant) and Kristian Clarke (Respectful Workspace Advisor) will moderate.
This session will be part presentation and part group work with opportunities for questions and discussion. Take new skills home with you!