Equity's First Online-Only National AGM
Equity held its first-ever online National AGM on March 9, 2020. Below you will find the agenda, reports and documents from the meeting. Video coming soon.
Please take an opportunity to review the meeting minutes from 2018-2019 and also the audited financial statements in advance as meeting participants will be voting on these items.
- Equality Statement
- Land Acknowledgement
- Adoption of Agenda
MOVED: to adopt the agenda for the National AGM of Monday, March 9, 2020.
- Adoption of Minutes*
MOVED: To adopt the minutes from the National AGM of Monday, February 25, 2019.
- Council President's Report - Scott Bellis
- Executive Director's Report - Arden R. Ryshpan
- Presentation of the financial report and Audited Financial Statement - Director of Finance & Administration Marion Magoris, CPA, CMA
MOVED: to accept the Audited Financial Statement for Fiscal Year 2018-2019, produced by BDO Canada LLP, as presenting an accurate picture of the finances of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association and demonstrating organizational compliance with Canadian accounting standards for non-for-profit organizations.
- Appointment of Auditors for the current fiscal year - Council President
MOVED: to appoint BDO Canada LLP as the auditors for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
- Committee and Task Force Reports
Committee and Task Force Reports
- Indigenous Committee - Scott Bellis
- Complaint and Disciplinary Process Review - Jennifer Wigmore
- Safe and Respectful Workplaces - Jennifer Wigmore
- Council Education and Renewal Committee - Peter McGillivray
- Opera Committee - Peter McGillivray
- Senior Artists Support Task Force - Peter McGillivray
- Diversity and Inclusion - Ryan G. Hinds
- Member Activism - Richard Lam
- Mental Health and Wellness - Richard Lam
- Stage Management - Erika Morey