The Stage West Emerging Artist Award
The Stage West - Equity Emerging Artist Award is Back!
[NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED]
Equity is excited to announce the return of the Stage West - Equity Emerging Artist Award. Stage West has generously committed a $2,500 award to an Equity member who will be selected by the Equity Honours Committee.
In order to qualify for nomination, the nominee must:
- Be a full Equity member in good standing; and
- Have been an Equity member for 3 years or less (i.e. the member must have joined Equity as of 01/31/2015 or later); and
- Have made (a) significant contribution(s) to culturally specific work (in Canada)*
For the purposes of this award, Equity defines "culturally-specific work" as productions that focus on identities currently under-represented on Canadian stages, including: D/deaf and disability, LGBTQ, Trans and other genders, Indigenous, Ethno-culturally and/or Racially Diverse.
Referenced work must be under an Equity contract
Eligible members must be nominated by a colleague, or by a theatre. Members may not self-nominate for this award. Each application must include all of the following:
- Artist's resume.
- Nomination letter. This letter must specifically address the nominee's significant contribution(s) to culturally specific work in Canada.
- Support letters from at least three theatre professionals (e.g. Equity member, theatre manager or playwright). Support letters must also address the award criteria as per the nomination letter. Each letter should be a
maximum of one page.
- Applicant's full address, email and telephone number, and the address and telephone number of the supporting theatre professional(s).
- Applications may also include additional documentation to a maximum of five pages. A maximum of one media link (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo performance or interview) may be included. Please do not send original documents as
materials submitted cannot be returned.
- Headshots are not required.
- The decision of the selection committee is final.
- Applications must be received by Friday, January 19, 2018.
Nomination packages may be emailed to communications at caea.com (note: zip files are prohibited) or mailed to Equity's
National Office (44 Victoria St., 12th Floor, Toronto, ON M5C 3C4) to the attention of "Stage West Award Nomination Committee".